The NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth apps for iOS and Android have been redesigned from the ground up to make it easier for you to stay informed and quickly get important local news and weather.
The app, built in-house by NBCUniversal’s local team, has new features that focus on punctuality, ease of use, and readability to better highlight the award-winning storytelling from NBC 5 Dallas Fort-Worth.
New features include a feed of the latest published stories, designed to make sure you know what’s going on as soon as possible; an improved alert inbox that makes it easy for readers to catch up on great news and manage; a new video center easily finds videos by census or topic.
You can also sign up now for Olympic alerts to get the most urgent notifications from the Tokyo Olympics.
The app also highlights NBC DFW’s state-of-the-art technology. Users can see a full screen radar to monitor incoming storms, and a detailed forecast includes new information such as dew point, UV index and more.
“This redesign includes many features and updates based on suggestions from our loyal audience,” said Tom Ehlmann, NBC 5 and Telemundo 39 President and General Manager. “We make innovation and listening to NBC DFW users our highest priority when making improvements to the app, always keeping the user in mind.”
To improve readability, the app has a cleaner interface and an optional black mode, designed to reduce the light emitted by the phone, which could reduce eye strain and improve your phone’s battery life.
Don’t forget to rate our app in the app store and send us your feedback [email protected].
Here is a complete list of new and improved features:
- Black mode support for all pages.
- Audio from other apps will continue to play while browsing the NBC DFW app.
- Latest news: List of articles in reverse chronological order.
- Home page improvements: The page will be transformed based on changes in the news cycle, with different states to highlight the most important information of each visit.
- Inbox warning: Users can now delete history already read or keep them reviewed later.
- Reading experience: Users can easily swipe left and right to see new stories.
- The new streaming video center makes it easy for users to watch a series of videos back-to-back.
- Videos are organized by both category and census.
- Customized experience: Users can now customize the weather page, deciding what information they first see when visiting the weather section.
- More detailed forecast: The forecast now includes new data points such as dew point, UV Index and more.
- Enhanced radar experience: The radar will now expand fullscreen, hiding most interface elements to provide the user with the largest possible map area.
- Weather alerts: Users can subscribe to alerts, including precipitation alerts, per location.
The Olympics are back! Sign up for ours Olympic Bulletins to get updates from the Tokyo games in your inbox.